14 March 2001 - Purchase of the fallow ground of the "Tour de Curon"
In early 2001, we become owners of 1.88 hectares of abondoned terraces and fallow land. All of this land is situated around the Tour of Curon and has not been exploited for at least 10 years for some parcels and 50 years for others. This is the beginning of what will be a long history. The older vignerons count this hillside as the best of Arbois.
Louis Pasteur, studying the vineyard of Arbois , wrote on September 28, 1864 "Les vignes de la côte de Curon passent pour les mieux exposées, celles où il y a le plus de maturité et où l'on fait le meilleur vin". (The vines of the Curon hillside are thought to have the best exposition, those where there is the most ripeness and from which one makes the best wine)
In late 2001, we bought the Tour de Curon from the Millet family, decendants of Dejean de St Marcel, a well-known vigneron at the beginning of the 20th century.
The clos of the Tour du Curon thus becomes once again the property of a sole owner, something which had not been the case for over 50 years.